Good day everyone!
I hope the week has been treating you well so far. Just thought I would quickly pop in to do a short write up of some of my absolute gems that I own. Yes, I am talking about recipe books. But to me they are so so much more.
Each book tells its own little story and really is an expression of the cook and person behind each dish and photograph. Simply put, I love and own way too many recipe books.
Nevertheless, I thought I would post a few of my favourites. Or should I say, current favourites- I can’t quite keep up. He he.
Recipe Book Must Haves:
- Xochi Balfour is a mindful genius who seriously has a way with her words and her incredible photography skills. Her book is absolutely beautiful. Be sure to try out the courgette bread. xxx
- Living the Healthy Life
- Jessica Sepel is an award-winning clinical nutrionist and absolutely phenomenal woman. I myself am actually a super proud JS Health Girl and have had the privilege of being able to keep in contact with Jessica and listen to her wise words. Her books are both absolutely amazing. The new one is an undoubted favourite of mine. Super simple and wholesome meals, even for a student budget. xx
- Deliciously Ella with Friends
- If you don’t know who Ella is you may not be living in the 21st century. Her story really is inspiring and her positive attitude for life and all things love and health remains infectious. Ella was actually the spark to my interest in health foods, from following her blog way back in 2013 I was an avid reader and adored each one of her recipes. I currently own three of Ella’s phenomenal books and each one continues to blow me away. Deliciously Ella with Friends is filled with nutritious plant-based recipes that keep you feeling super satisfied whilst still tasting amazing.
- I actually bought this book for my mum a few months ago and I may have stolen it a few times. Sarah Graham is a South African Chef and a real good one at it too. Her book is really lovely and I was rather blown away with how tasty all the meals have been. Whoop Go South Africa!