behold the most beautiful treat in the world.
So I have always wanted to experiment with vegan “cream cheese” aka cream cheese with no cream made entirely from a base of soaked cashews or any nut of choice. Thus I decided to whip out my food processor and just start playing around with what I had in my cupboards. I believe that I have made one of the yummiest ice-cream cakes you will ever try.
It is so decadent with every mouthful that I am really resisting the urge to go and eat another slice of the peace of heaven sitting in my fridge right now. So please go ahead and make these wholesome and delicious healthy treats. You deserve it!
- 3/4 cup of raisins
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- less than 1 tbsp of coconut sugar ( any sweeter will do the trick)
Cinnamon Coconut Cheesecake:
- 4 1/2 tbsp of coconut cream
- 2/4 cup of cashews soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup of macadamias soaked overnight in water
- 1/3 cup of melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence or 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of liquid sweetener- I used fynbos honey but agave will work super well if you are vegan.
Chocolate Cinnamon setting
- 5 tbsp of coconut oil
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp nut butter- I used cinnamon macadamia
- 2 tbsp of cacao powder. Use more if you are using cocoa powder.
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp liquid sweetener, I used honey once again.
I recommend following the recipe over a course of two days. Trust me it is worth it.
Raisin and Cinnamon Base:
- Pulse all of the ingredients in a food processor on high until a stickyish and slightly crumbly base forms. Sometimes I add a touch of water, but just be patient the base does takes time due to the “tiny” raisins. If you use dates the base will have a much more sticky and easy to deal with consistency. I am sure it will still be delicious though.
- Pop in the freezer for at least 2 hours ( I do overnight)
Coconut and Cinnamon Cheesecake:
- Place the soaked nuts ( cashews and macadamias) in a food processor and process on high until a sort of paste forms.
- Add the water, pulse.
- Add the coconut cream, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and honey. Pulse.
- Scrape the sides of the machine periodically to ensure no chunky bits of are left before adding the melted coconut oil for a final whizz.
- Scoop the mixture onto the prepared base and smooth it out with a palette knife.
Chocolate cinnamon topping:
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse on high until a smooth and chocolatey consistency is met.
- Smear over the set cheesecake layer and place in the freezer to set.
* Add on’s:
I toasted some flaked almonds and splashed them all over the top of the chocolate layer before freezing.
Hope you love it as much as I do.